Our school dinners are cooked at and delivered from Scargill C of E Primary School.
To assist administration, dinner money should be brought on Monday morning. If your child is absent on Monday, the amount for the remainder of the week should be paid in on the day he/she returns to school.
To encourage independence and to save administration time for staff, please send your child with their own dinner money in a named purse or envelope. Application forms for free meals may be obtained from the school office. Currently all children in EYFS and Key Stage 1 receive Universal Free school meals.
Derbyshire School dinners main menu
For those children who do not have a school dinner, the governors have adopted the following as school policy:
- Food must be brought in a rigid plastic container (not a bag as it may get squashed on the trolley) marked with the child’s name.
- Drinks in a plastic container with a screw cap complete with straw or cup and also marked with the child’s name.
- Packets of sweets are not allowed as part of lunch but chocolate bars with biscuit are acceptable e.g. Penguin, Club etc.
- ‘Sandwich’ children should be provided with a beaker or straw for their drink and a spoon for yoghurts etc. from home.
- Lunch containers must be placed on the lunch box trolley at the start of each day and not kept on coat pegs.
- One full week of notice should be given before packed lunches are brought or discontinued.
- Please remember when packing a lunch box that children who eat a balanced diet perform better in school!
We encourage the children to drink water regularly. It is available from the drinks fountain but it is preferable that they bring their own bottle daily.
Morning Break Snack
In accordance with healthy eating guidelines we encourage the children to bring fresh or dried fruit for break times. No other snacks are permitted.
The Government recently introduced a National School Fruit Scheme. Children aged 4 - 6 are entitled to a free piece of fruit each school day, which we give them at afternoon break. Should your child be allergic or unable to eat certain fruits please advise the school office.