Our school was rated as Good by Ofsted in July 2021.The Ofsted inspection team highlighted the many strengths of our school which include the positive ethos and the behaviour of its pupils, the quality of provision for reading, Maths and English and the opportunities for pupils' wider development.
We are very proud to continue to be judged as a good school and this is a reflection of the hard work of our wonderful staff and the behaviour and attitude of our fabulous children. The report is available to read in full by following the link below and a summary of some of the key quotes and information is provided for you below:
- This is a small school with a warm, family atmosphere.
- Pupils impressed inspectors with their friendliness and respectful attitudes.
- Pupils behave well and care for each other.
- Pupils work hard and try their best.
- Pupils interact well with each other and with adults. These warm relationships enable pupils to flourish.
- Bullying is not a problem. Pupils know how to keep themselves safe.
- Parents complimented the school’s provision for remote education.
- Parents praised staff for being approachable and ‘extremely helpful’.
- There is a range of activities to promote pupils’ wider development.
- In English and mathematics, pupils receive a good quality of education.
- Leaders … have raised the profile of reading throughout the school.
- Leaders revitalised the school library. Pupils enjoy spending time browsing and borrowing books in this attractive area.
- Pupils make a strong start in learning to read as soon as they join the school. They take part in the daily phonics sessions with enthusiasm.
- Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) receive support that is carefully focused on their needs.
- [Pupils] quickly develop as confident readers.
- The mathematics curriculum is strong.
- Staff have high expectations of all pupils.
- Pupils work with interest and enthusiasm.
- Pupils present their work neatly and carefully.
- Pupils were working with strong focus and attention.
- Leaders and staff promote pupils’ wider development well.
- Staff say they feel appreciated and cared for by leaders.
- There is a strong culture of safeguarding.
- Leaders and staff know the pupils and families very well.
- Pupils say they feel safe at school.
We were very pleased that Ofsted recognised the recent hard work that has been done to design a robust curriculum progression of skills and knowledge that builds upon our existing provision and enhances children’s prior learning and knowledge. As this revision to our curriculum is new for September 2021, Ofsted were, understandably, unable to assess what impact that these exciting new developments will have on the outcomes for the children. A key area for our future development is to implement the revisions to the curriculum of non-core subjects and to ensure that all curriculum leaders have the time and training necessary to have an accurate overview of their curriculum areas and to monitor the positive impact on pupils’ ability to know and remember more. Ofsted were in agreement that this next step planned by the school should be central to our School Improvement Plan for 2021 - 2022
We are committed to maintaining the welcoming, family atmosphere of our school and the nurturing environment in which children can thrive, developing strong Christian values and receive high-quality teaching, especially in core areas of learning. We are very proud that our report from Ofsted recognises and celebrates this.
If you wish to read a full copy of the report, follow the link below or alternatively, it can be obtained from the school office or the Ofsted website: www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports